Wednesday, April 22, 2009

IVP3 - Beth Haynes


For my last project, I chose to create an audio/video documentary-like slideshow, blending my love for the environment and education with my newly-discovered passion for photography. The original piece is one minute and forty seconds long, and this clip is taken from the middle. The idea came when I took an assessment to determine my own ecological footprint. I consider myself to be an environmentally-friendly individual, and was shocked when the results said that if everyone on earth lived like I did, the human population would require 3.5 earths for survival. The project also happened to be originally due on April 22, Earth Day, so a little environmental commercial seemed to fit perfectly. I combined the photos I took around Duke's campus with commentary on my own experience with the ecological footprint survey, challenging other individuals to become more aware of their impact -- not just on Earth Day, but every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment