Thursday, April 23, 2009

IVP3 Sarah Wallingford



To keep with the theme of games, I went with the game of "tag" for this project. Birds and other animals in nature (the squirrels on the quad, for example) often seem to be chasing each other around in a playful manner. Birds do so in a way that is graceful and beautiful, and I wanted to express this with my video. I also wanted to play on the fact that the birds allow the viewer to see through the canvas to the background of watercolor. When the birds meet, the game ends and the background becomes visible. I ended with a shot of one bird flying across the screen. This can be interpreted as the two birds became one when they met in the middle - metaphorically, all animals play games, therefore we are all one with nature. I hope you enjoy! This has been my favorite project!

No comments:

Post a Comment