Sunday, February 15, 2009

Adeeb's Card Game

For my card project, I decided to utilize a card hobby rather than a game with strict rules. I looked into making card houses and noticed that many people seemed to enjoy making card pyramids rather than houses (I guess the triangle bases provide a stronger foundation so you can build higher). So I thought that instead of using ordinary cards that don't bring a true pyramid look to make my cards specialized for pyramid building. Below are the many faces of my cards. Since I can't seem to write under my images, I'll just explain them now. The first card is actually the Mona Lisa inside the Louvre, which has the glass pyramid entrance. I thought this idea was creative since it's not the traditional Egyptian pyramid. The next card is a level from Super Mario 64 where Mario adventures into a pyramid. The following two cards deal with the Egyptians building the ancient pyramids. The next card is a reference to a Futurama episode in which Bender becomes the pharaoh of a planet. The card after is another video game reference--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider who explores ruins of a South American pyramid. The next card is the food pyramid with the fruits and vegetable rows stylized like Spongebob, Patrick and Squidward. After that card is Indiana Jones and then Cleopatra. The next two cards deal with mythology. Anubis and Horus are on the former card, stylized like classical playing cards and the latter card is the Quetzalcoatl, an Aztec feathered-serpent god, flying out of an Aztec pyramid. Finally, the last card is a cartoon mummy.






































































































Here is an example of a built pyramid. My friends enjoyed making and breaking the pyramids. It's pretty fun to pull out a card or two to see if the pyramid will fall. Surprisingly, it could stand with up to three missing cards. There are no real rules to this game--just have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment