There are four different card designs. Each set has fifteen cards:
1) "Human Cards" : Sentence Subjects
2) "Machine Cards" : Verbs
3) "Animal Cards" : Prepositional Phrases
4) "Mannequin Cards" : Verbal or Physical Handicaps
How do you play?
- Each of 3 players is dealt a stack of 3 verbs, 3 subjects, and 3 prepositions.
- Going around in a circle, one player selects a subject, the next a verb, and the next a prepositional phrase, placing them face down in the middle.
- The player designated "actor" for the round turns over the cards and arranges them into a sentence that he or she will act out.
- The actor also draws a "handicap" card, which he or she must abide by while performing the action.
- There are no winners or losers-- but hilarity will likely ensue!
An example score for action:
"Julius Caesar dropped dead aboard the spacelab."
Handicap: Your feet are stuck together.
A Variation on COLOSSUS!...
Give each guest at a gathering (a dinner party or other small party would be ideal) a set of the four types of cards as he or she arrives. At some point over the evening, each person spontaneously performs his or her action.